Friday, February 19, 2010

The Garbage Pail Kids Movie


There’s really nothing for me to say about this movie. It’s truly awful. Want to hear the premise? The premise that got this picture greenlit and funded? So, here’s how they describe the premise of their movie, “Typical teen Dodger gets the surprise of his life when he uncovers a repulsive gang of alien kids and they help him fight a bunch of bullies.” Yep, that’s it.

This movie is terrible. It’s not funny. It’s not scary. It’s not engaging in anyway. I love campy crap, but this is isn’t camp, it’s nothing. Let me put it this way, Rod Ameteau directed this movie and had been directing films for decades before this one. This flick was his last, he would live for decades longer and never direct another project. Telling, no? I liked it when it came out, but watching it now when I’m not 8 makes me wish I’d left it in memoryland. If you want some fun camp from the 80’s, email me and I’ll recommend quite a few that don’t involve this one.

Unacceptable

No comments: